Abuse is complicated. Painful. Recovery is also complicated. And often painful. But it is possible. Our hope is that you will find something here that is helpful. Our best advice is: Take what works and leave the rest.
- Recovery 101: Pastoral Care and Abuse. Nineteen video presentations on the dynamics of abuse, options for recovery and suggestions for local church ministry. Lecture notes for some of the presentations are linked below.
- Recovery from Childhood Trauma This workshop by Juanita Ryan includes six videos (69 minutes total) plus six audio meditations (78 minutes total). An article containing the same content is available here
- Trauma and the Body – Carmen Renee Berry
- Body Bashing – Carmen Renee Berry
- Beyond Victimization – Carmen Renee Berry
- Clerical Abuse
- Verbal and Emotional Abuse
Lecture Notes for Recovery 101
- Impact on Abused Persons
- Impact on Abusers
- Impact on Family Members
- Impact on Family Dynamics
- Spiritual Distress