“We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—
that our lives had become unmanageable.”
- Big Book: The Doctor’s Opinion
- Big Book: Chapter One (Bill’s Story) Download here
- Big Book: Chapter Two (There is a Solution) Download here
- Big Book: Chapter Three (More About Alcoholism) Download here
- Biblical perspectives on Step 1 by Dale and Juanita Ryan
- Powerlessness by Matt Russell
- Why Do Christians Need to Work the Steps?” by C. J. Camp
I admit that I am powerless over my addiction.
I admit that my life is unmanageable when I try to control it.
Help me this day to understand
The true meaning of powerlessness.
Remove from me all denial of my addiction.