Mutual Agreement Between Recovery Partners
I, _______________, agree to enter into a Recovery Partner agreement with ________________, as a way to be supported and held accountable in dealing with behaviors that keep me from the best God has for me. I am seeking recovery from these ineffective patterns of behavior so that I may become more fully connected to God, others and myself.
I will make a sincere effort to:
- Focus on the Twelve Steps and scripture as a tool to enhance my relationship with God and others.
- Be available by phone or to meet in person.
- Share my true feelings with my "recovery partner."
- Refrain from giving lengthy explanations when sharing.
- Complete the homework assignment each week.
- Spend a minimum of 15 minutes each day reading scripture, praying and meditating, including specific prayer for my recovery partner.
- Respect confidentiality by refraining from disclosing information about my "recovery partner."
- Accept some degree of discomfort as part of the healing process.
- Support my "recovery partner" by listening attentively and giving him/her my undivided attention.
- Be kind to myself by accepting personal progress rather than perfection on my journey toward wholeness and seeking God’s will.
- Not to overly spiritualize my sharing.
The term of this agreement is from __________________ to __________________.
We agree to meet _________ (weekly, monthly, etc.) and spend time reviewing the progress and compatibility of this relationship. If, for any reason, either partner feels this relationship does not serve his/her recovery needs, notifying the other partner can terminate the agreement.